Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Email with PDF attached coming from a specific folder

davidoz

Ok,

So I have a folder on my computer. That folder contains a lot of files having specific names related to my database (Product Beta.pdf, Product Alpha.pdf, ect...).

I want to create a script to send an email to specific clients who purchased a specific product (Alpha or Beta or else). Is there a way for me to create an email with an attachment of that file without having to create a container field that would contain the file to be send ?

What are the steps required ? I've managed to send the emails to the clients but cannot get the attachment to be send as well.

Thanks for your help.

Assuming the rest of your Send Mail script step is set up properly (To, Subject, Body, etc)...

Set Variable [$PDFPath; "filewin:D:/PathTo/folder/OnYour/Computer/Product " & PurchaseRecord::AlphaOrBetaOrWhatever_Field & ".pdf"]

... (Obviously you use your real path, and whatever logic in your real formula will correctly yield the correct file name; in this example I'm assuming there's a table that contains the word "Alpha" or "Beta" or whatever)... then...

Send Mail [To=as is; Subject= as is; Message Body = as is; Attachment: $PDFPath; no dialog]

Hi,

I've tried that solution by creating the variable

Set Variable [$Attach; "filewin:M:/WORK/Products 2011/Product " & Products::Ref_Item & ".pdf"]

Send Mail [To=Contact::Email; Subject= Products::Ref_Item; Message Body = "blabla"; Attachment: $Attach; no dialog]

But no success, it simply doesnt pick any file to attach.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ? The path is correct, the variable seems correct as well but still not working.

looking forward to hear from you.

regards

Disregard my last message, i figured it out. it was a problem with the path

"filewin:/M:/WORK/ect...." I was just missing that "/" before the drive letter !

Thanks a lot

Hi,

I've tried that solution by creating the variable

Set Variable [$Attach; "filewin:M:/WORK/Products 2011/Product " & Products::Ref_Item & ".pdf"]

Send Mail [To=Contact::Email; Subject= Products::Ref_Item; Message Body = "blabla"; Attachment: $Attach; no dialog]

But no success, it simply doesnt pick any file to attach.

Is there something I'm doing wrong ? The path is correct, the variable seems correct as well but still not working.

looking forward to hear from you.

regards

Yeah, I don't work with Windows anywhere near as often and I forget the nomenclature. We don't have drive letters. I can never remember if there's a slash before the drive letter.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.