Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Calculation No Longer Updates until Leave Record

Brent54321

What Happened? My calculation (ReqTotal=Sum(Line:LineTotal) ) no longer updates unless I leave the record or delete a portal line. I havent changed the relationships. It used to work, but doesnt work now. ??

Obviously we cannot totally know since we only have the briefest mention of your problem without knowing anything about your solution. Perhaps you deleted a field or changed a relationship (in other parts of the table and/or layout) that previously caused this calculation to refresh.

If you are adding a record inside a portal, try to add the record in a layout native to the table on which the portal is based, commit the record, then switch back to the layout with the portal.

Otherwise, if you are using a script then add this line "Commit Record" to force an update.

I did manage to make it work again.

I mentioned that I hadn't changed the relationships, which prompted the frustrated/belated question of 'what did I change?' ... I must have changed -something- to cause this. I did, I guess. My -UNIT- (ea, ft, pkg, roll) field had been changed to a 'drop down' field referencing a Value List in which I decided to "use values from field" based upon a related table. All the Items dropped down perfectly (and alpha-sorted also) using this selection. This was the only change I could think of... and I suspect (now) that's why the calculation would not update properly (I did some post Post experimentation)

When I changed the -UNIT- field to a 'drop-down' field with the option "Use Custom Values" (ea, ft, pkg, roll - etc), the simple calculation began to work properly.

While that whole thing above in my post may be FileMaker hooey, it worked (cold comfort) And I don't know how long it will work.

Important Information

Terms of Use