Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Need Filemaker Pro 5.5

dixon022000

I had to upgrade my computer where an old database of patients and procedures still in use has been kept. I decided to buy Filemaker Pro 11 and upgrade the program as well. now I cannot pull the information from the old database. My solution was to try to get a copy of the 5.5 version install it and then try to migrate to the new version. Does anyone has a copy of it, or do anyone has a way to rescue the data and use the 11 version of it?

I had to upgrade my computer where an old database of patients and procedures still in use has been kept. I decided to buy Filemaker Pro 11 and upgrade the program as well. now I cannot pull the information from the old database. My solution was to try to get a copy of the 5.5 version install it and then try to migrate to the new version. Does anyone has a copy of it, or do anyone has a way to rescue the data and use the 11 version of it?

Have you tried eBay?

I don't understand why you "cannot pull the information from theo old database". Were you unsuccessful at converting the files? (You have to open the .fp5 files in FileMaker 11 and let it convert them). You don't need a copy of FileMaker 5.5 to do that.

If it is a multi-file solution, dragging the whole collection of .fp5 files directly onto the FileMaker 11 icon seems to work better than opening them one at a time in FileMaker 11; the conversion goes more smoothly, fewer errors about files it can't find (because they haven't been converted yet).

Anyway, there's no "migration" sequence to get from FileMaker 5.5 to 11; you either just convert the files or you convert them and then rebuild a new copy of the solution from the ground up, using the old version as a guideline.

(The latter is a good idea if this is a multi-file relational solution in 5.5)

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.