Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

My trigger script needs to fire on Calendar Drop Down

Bobg

I believe there is only one issue remaining with my script problems. When the user types in the date and hits enter key, return key or tab key my trigger script works fine when I use OnObjectKeystroke. However, when my user uses the Calander drop down on this field the script trigger does not work. How do I make this click trigger the script trigger?

How about attaching the SAME script to the dropdown calendar field as an OnObjectEnter trigger?

Be sure to commit records in the script if Get (ActiveFieldName) is "YourDateField_NameHere". Also, if the dropdown-calendar date field is IN THE PORTAL, you'll need to reinsert cursor in that portal row if the fields ARE all filled in properly, so trap for Get(PortalRowNumber) before you commit, then if the data passes all checks in your script and Get (ActiveFieldName) was originally "YourDateField_NameHere", do a Go to Portal Row [no dialog, calculated value, $RowYouTrapped]

I believe there is only one issue remaining with my script problems. When the user types in the date and hits enter key, return key or tab key my trigger script works fine when I use OnObjectKeystroke. However, when my user uses the Calander drop down on this field the script trigger does not work. How do I make this click trigger the script trigger?

Have you tried "OnObjectModify?"

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.