Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Calc Field from Portal

glasstream2000

Hey, I have searched and tried various things and I seem to be missing something. Hopefully someone can shed the light on it for me.

I have 3 tables one Positions, SPositons and SP

On the Positions table I have a portal showing information from the other 2 tables, which have 13 unique items. I have amounts for the items with a average field that averages the 13 items. I also have a itemDiff field that takes the item minus the average and I get a number.

Item..........Price..............Price Diff Average

Hcan.........$747..............-261.00

Hsoup........$700..............-308.00

Hchick.......$2000.............992.00

Hstorm......$1125............117.00

Hwater........................-1,008.00

Hfire...........................-1,008.00

Hwind......$1500............492.00

Hearth.....$600.............-408.00

H123.......$1000...........-8.00

H234.......$1000...........-8.00

H345..........................-1,008.00

H456.......$400............-608.00

Average...1,008.00

Basically taking the Price minus the Average for the Price Diff Average... I have the Price and the Price Diff Average coming from the SP table populating the portal, then the Average field is calculating the portal rows. In the example above I want the calculation to not calculate if the fields are empty.

Basically like I have it now but not putting in the -1,008.00 since the fields are empty.

Thanks in advance for any help, really getting frustrated with this. From the examples I have seen I think it is very possible to achieve, just missing something I guess. If you need any more info, please let me know.

Item..........Price..............Price Diff Average

Hcan.........$747..............-261.00

Hsoup........$700..............-308.00

Hchick.......$2000.............992.00

Hstorm......$1125............117.00

Hwater........................-1,008.00

Hfire...........................-1,008.00

Hwind......$1500............492.00

Hearth.....$600.............-408.00

H123.......$1000...........-8.00

H234.......$1000...........-8.00

H345..........................-1,008.00

H456.......$400............-608.00

For the Price Diff Average field, make the calculation dependent upon a value in the Price field. Thus, it can either be a calculated field or a numeric field, calculated value.

Here is the calculation: If (IsEmpty(Price); "" ; Price - Price Diff Average)

Wow Techphan, works like a charm so far! your brilliant! Seems like I was trying to make it harder than it should have been, figured it needed a few lines of code or something.

Thanks so much! This is such a great resource!!

Again thank you!!

• 1 month later...

Ok, hope this is an easy question.

I have a table called BBP and a table called AW and a table called RS and also MR.

All the tables have records on them and I have created a field called records that uses a calculation Get (TotalRecordCount) and it displays the total number of records and updates when more are added.

I then created another table called Title, with a relationship to all the others and put the records field from each of the other tables onto this table.

So I have all the totals from each of my tables showing up on the title table and I try to create a calculation field to add up the 4 related fields (like - Sum (BBP:records; AW:records; RS:records) etc.. but does not work for some reason. I am new and just figure I am missing something easy.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advanced.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.