GilmoreShows

Problem with Printing Orientation in certain databases

GilmoreShows

Using FMP 7.0 in Macintosh Office environment. We have been having problems with our orders database for several months. When you print a record or records, they are always printed in landscape orientation. We have gone through the page setup and selected portrait, but we still get landscape. I have tried scripting a print button for printing current records browsed in portrait orientation and still only get landscape. We are now having the problem with our exhibitor's data base as well.

When I print a record or records to pdf and then print the pdf, they are in the correct orientation. But this is not the solution. We need to be able to print one or two thousand records in the correct orientation from FMP 7.0. I cannot expect everyone in the company to print first to pdf and then print the hard copy to get the correct orientation of printout.

Has anyone experienced this problem and if so, what would be the solution you found. I am out of things to try for trouble shooting. I have never run into this problems in all the years I have used FileMaker Pro, from the first version to this version.

AHunter3

Need more details

EXACTLY how are you printing? Are you printing MANUALLY or are you using a print SCRIPT? If the latter, the script probably has a Print Setup [Restore, no dialog] script step in it, set to landscape.

FileMaker 7?? Are you using a PowerPC Mac? If not, you're running under Rosetta and lots of things are buggy under Rosetta. What OS version? FileMaker 7 is pretty ancient (and it, itself, was a buggy release). I'd buy a bunch of FileMaker 8.5 CDs on ebay or something if I could not afford to upgrade to the modern edition; at least you'd be Intel-Mac native.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.