The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
Jim_Shelton

Troi File Plugin

Jim_Shelton

I need some assistance with Troi plugin on FM 11 file. The plugin is working internally, but neither remotely or IWP. Troi has stated it should work the same. When you click to run the scripts nothing happens.

If you have time and the knowledge to assist, let me know and I will go into more details.

thanks,

Jim

Jack Rodgers

Plugins must be installed on the computer where the Filemaker file is running. Is that an issue? The file can be remote but the plugin must be local, installed in your Filemaker extensions folder.

Josh Ormond

Are you using FileMaker Server? Troi may have separate instructions for the plug-in to work from Server. Otherwise, Jack is correct...plug-ins run on the local machine if not from FileMaker Server.

Jack Rodgers

Hmm, something new I missed? I know server will move the plugins into the client's extension folder for an easy update but I didn't know that server would run them, or did I? Hmm...

Jack Rodgers

Never mind, I just peeked and it does run some server side...when will it ever end?

Jim_Shelton

Troi runs on the server side for remote accessing users and on the web side for IWP users. The plugin is installed on both sides, and per the logs is up and running on both places. The individual files are where Troi says to place them Server\D:\\Filemaker Server\Data\Documents\(individual project folders) and the folder path in FM is correct.

When you click the button to run the script to refresh the list by scanning the directory or launch the file nothing happens. Like the script does not run. Troi seems to not know why either. I have a server guy looking at the server itself. Last night it was discovered the firmware in the Netgear firewall has a glitch. Even though Port 80 is not open on the firewall access is allowed.

Jim

Jack Rodgers

Hmm, as my mother always replied: "It's always the IT guys fault."

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.