Sign in to follow this  
FredP

Help finding plugin that analyzes database

FredP

I cannot remember the name of the plugin, but I once saw a plugin that analyzes a filemaker pro database, and dumps all the data into XML and makes it into a searchable database itself. So you can do searches for key words and find references to them in your layouts, scripts, data, anywhere....

can someone please remind me what that is?

Ender

With FileMaker Advanced, you can generate a DDR (Database Design Report,) in either an XML version or an HTML version. The HTML version is okay, but isn't the best interface for prolonged use. There are a couple third party tools (Inspector and Base Elements) that can take the XML version to give you a nice looking, searchable database with detailed information about every element and where they are used.

FredP

Thanks! Base elements is the one I have seen in the past. Inspector pro looks good. But wish there was a pc version.

Robert Schaub

Works On PC ...that is what I use

FredP

Ah, Interesting. I thought I saw on their website thatthe PC version was still in development. I will check it out again

thanks

Weetbicks

Base Elements = Greatest thing since sliced bread - can't recommend it enough. Inspector Pro is good, but has nothing on Base Elements.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use