The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
a_sun

how to do auto send out notification email?

a_sun

I have an auto field (generate ID), every new job created will auto generate ID and if i want auto send out notification email once the ID been created. How to do it?

Many Thanks,

a_sun

a_sun

I try to set script triggers on the filed (_kp_jobticket_id ) with the sript as below:

If [JOBS::_kp_jobticket_id=1]

send Mail [send via e-,ail Client; to:"xxxx@email.com"]

End if

But it doesn't work, no any email send out, any step i miss out?

Please help?

AHunter3

More info please: What flavor of script trigger did you attach, and exactly what did you attach it to? OnRecordCommit? OnObjectSave? Layout as a whole? Field? Etc?

Don't forget that all script triggers are "per the LAYOUT". If the action isn't happening on the layout that contains the script trigger, it won't fire off.

a_sun
More info please: What flavor of script trigger did you attach, and exactly what did you attach it to? OnRecordCommit? OnObjectSave? Layout as a whole? Field? Etc?

Don't forget that all script triggers are "per the LAYOUT". If the action isn't happening on the layout that contains the script trigger, it won't fire off.

Oophs! Sorry AHunter3:

is OnObjectEntry on auto field (generate ID)

hope the info is clear enough.

Thanks for your help.

AHunter3

Well, that's not likely to work. When the heck is the cursor ever ENTERING the auto field when a record is created? It probably DOESN'T, does it? (Unless you've got record creation itself scripted and include a Go to Field [YourTable::Auto Field] script step)

OnRecordCommit might work —*attached to the entire layout — IF the record is being creating while this layout is the active layout.

a_sun
Well, that's not likely to work. When the heck is the cursor ever ENTERING the auto field when a record is created? It probably DOESN'T, does it? (Unless you've got record creation itself scripted and include a Go to Field [YourTable::Auto Field] script step)

OnRecordCommit might work —*attached to the entire layout — IF the record is being creating while this layout is the active layout.

Hi AHunter3:

Thanks for your guidance, it really work. :)

Important Information

Terms of Use