steels28

Email plugin recommendations?

steels28

Thought I would access the wisdom of the FileMaker community on this one. Looking to get an email plugin for the following scenario...

Working with an advising department for a school. I am building a FileMaker solution that pulls student records from a separate database and allows the department to add their own fields, reports, etc. The big request is the ability to share email exchanges for certain students, e.g. if Advisor A, who has been working with Student A, is off on vacation, then Advisor B can access (via FileMaker) an email trail between Advisor A and Student A.

All advisors use Outlook, will have a copy of FMP 10 (thank goodness!!!) and will access the database on a server. I am looking for ways in which the advisors don't have to create and send emails from within FMP, but can go about business as usually using outlook as their email client.

So far Outlook Manipulator seems to top the list, with its ability to pull emails from outlook. My main concern, however, is tailoring a solution that pulls only emails based on the students in the database, and not all emails from an advisor. I can think of some work-arounds (download all email, match based on email address, delete non-matching, but I am open to any suggestions (both for plug-ins and implementation).

Much thanks!!!

Robert Schaub

If you are using Fm10 you don't need one to send. If you you want to send and receive inside FileMaker Dacons Mailit is good and even come with a FileMaker file setup with an inbox/outbox and cane ven send snapshots of layouts and or attachments. SMTPit is also another to look at.

Important Information

Terms of Use