Sign in to follow this  
ScottGill

Custom Functions Locations

ScottGill

On the sample page of Filemaker Server 10 Server there is a custom Function that I would like to use. They call it "IsWeb" and what it seems to do is when a user logs into the site it redirects them if they are logging in via the web or Filemaker. I don't know where Custom Functions are stored in filemaker and my book of course is 60 miles away and i need it soon!! Maybe there is another solution but at this time i can't find it.

Thanks

AHunter3

To insert a custom function, you need to own FileMaker Advanced; plain-vanilla FileMaker Pro can execute them but it won't let you create them or paste them in, etc.

Be that as it may, you do not need a freaking CF to determine if a user is using a web browser or FileMaker. Just do this in a regular script:

If [ PatternCount (Get(ApplicationVersion), "Web")>0

.. [Go to Layout (Screen for Web Users)]

End If

Peter townend

hello

i have been using FM5 for years with great success and decided to bite the bullet and update to filemaker 12 and server 12.

I wanted to use the getmap function that is available on the contacts template but not on my converted database. Is this function only available on FMAdvanced?

Robert Schaub

I see the Getmap in the Contacts template. Yes it is a CF. As Allan said without FMA you can't create CFs in your file. Bad boys at FM.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.