Guru D

Get passwod by using the text field

Guru D

I have plan to get a User name and password as Fm layout, the user name will be shown in normal text, that's fine to me.. But password field also show the letters. But I need to change the password field text as symbols ?

How can i do that ?

Thanks for your immediate reply

Guru D

Is this possible to get a symbols in the field, Like a password ?

expect the reply ?

AHunter3

Why, in this day and age, for the love of all that's security-conscious, are you doing a roll-your-own login-and-password system instead of using the built-in Accounts and Privileges?

Are you still using FileMaker 6 or something?

manjunath

Can you help me in changing the password of current database and also related DBs During IWP...

Thanks and regards...

Manjunath

Could you reply to my email

manjunath@shreyahearingclinic.com

AHunter3

You have to create a global text field into which the IWP users types their desired new password. You create a script, which has to execute with [Full Access] privileges (see checkbox in the scriptmaking dialog), which uses the Reset Account Password script step; it uses Get (AccountName) to auto-fill the account name and it uses the global text field for the new password. After running that script step it blanks out the global text field.

To ALSO change related DBs you need to FIRST create similar scripts in all the other database files; if they are related files that have a table occurrence of the original file's table on their relgraph, they should be able to reference the global text field containing the password from the file & table where it was entered. (If they do NOT you can pass along the intended password as a script parameter, and in those files' scripts you use Get (ScriptParameter). You want to do them all as a cascade using Perform Script [in File B - Reset Password Script] then Perform Script [in File C - Reset Password Script] etc etc and then do the local file LAST.

The file in which the main script exists has to have External File References to all the other files in order to let you perform a script in those external files. In the Perform Script script step, for each of the external files, you go to the top where it indicates that it is showing you a list of scripts in the local file, and switch to the other file to get a list of THAT file's scripts, so as to pick which remote-file script to perform.

Could you reply to my email

That's not really how we like to do it around here. If answers go to your email address, other folks with the same question don't get to read the answer. Purpose of this board is to teach and learn and support each other.

HexxaBubba

I have a iwp solution where when users log-in the global for the password is whited out so the user doesn't feel like he's typing anything. It's kind of ghetto....Is there an auto-enter in the global that can work like an I-phone...give user last letter typed with * for all previously entered. ie: ***s

Thanks for all your help!

Important Information

Terms of Use