The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
Sign in to follow this  
amag

Windows FileMaker Pro Runtime stack convert to Mac?

amag

I have an educational database of flashcards that is a self-running application on Windows. Under Help it says "About FileMaker Pro Runtime..." but you cannot Import Records, Save Records As, Go To Record... all menu options are ghosted out. It seems like a self-running FileMaker stack.

It runs on our Windows XP machines but we are getting more Macs at our academic center (Leopard, probably Snow Leopard soon). I tried running this on WINE Windows Emulator but it doesn't work smoothly.

Since it's just a FileMaker database, I would think that it would theoretically be possible to run this on a Mac if I knew a little bit more about which files contain the questions and the user's profile (how many questions correct, which question they are at) and if there is a Mac version of FileMaker Pro Runtime.

Thanks for any advice, otherwise we will have to get an educational site license for something like Parallels to run Windows software on the Macs.

AHunter3
Please do not double post. People end up wasting their time typing out a reply that you've already received on the other thread.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use