Sign in to follow this  
Guru D

Open the FM file when you forget the password

Guru D

I Forget the admin password, So that I could not able to open my FileMkae file.

Is any possible to open the file ?

or any plug-ins available for this ?

Kindly share with me if you have a solution.

Thanks in advance

AHunter3

If there were, the security provided by setting up Accounts and Paswords would be nil.

There are some password crackers out there. I'm not linking to any of them. Some of them write to (modify) the file itself, and if they do, you should not use that file any more, although you can copy elements out of it to rebuild in a new file.

filemakerx

You can use passware software for get forgotton password.

AHunter3

See the post before yours.

rproctor

I am sure there are pro's & con's - however I have used password cracking software to reclaim access to a FM file - even a 5 shot demo version got me where I wanted - back into my database.

It also gave me a big wake-up call - so now I only distribute my application with admin access removed.

Since I was only told what my existing password was I actually re-entered the database in the normal manner. I had no subsequent operational problems with the file.

FM will tell you there is no way in if you lose your password - as the songs say "It ain't necessarily so"

Since I'm not sure of the legality of these password access programs you'd better find then yourself -a Google should do it

Richard

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

Terms of Use