Welcome the ORIGINAL FileMaker Community

Take a moment to join us, no noise, all FileMaker...We Promise

Sign in to follow this  
Maarten Witberg

how to embed an uploaded picture in your message

Maarten Witberg

Hi people,

This message is intended for Harry, since he's a novice user of this forum smiley_cool. But it may also be of use to other, more experienced users who want to embed their attached images in their message. So here it comes, straight from the horse's mouth.

1. Upload an image just the way you are used to

2. In the manage attachment window, ctrl-click the uploaded image and select "copy url for this link" (sorry, I don't have an english browser)

attachment.php?attachmentid=2138&stc=1&d=1250584588

3. now click on the postcard icon in the edit message box and paste the link in the dialog box

attachment.php?attachmentid=2139&stc=1&d=1250585868

4. done

attachment.php?attachmentid=2140&stc=1&d=1250586545

Of course, uploaded attachments can only be viewed by full members. Let this be an incentive for all the folks out there to support this great forum. Or just link to an external source using the postcard button. something like photobucket or your own webspace.

Frisian_Horse.jpg

so what's with all the horses... dunno. I guess to keep Harry's mind off of vultures for once. :cool:

Ross MacLane

so what's with all the horses... dunno. I guess to keep Harry's mind off of vultures for once. :cool:

Kjoe, Harry likes sheep!

Ross MacLane
Kjoe, Harry likes sheep!

test this a a baa test

Maarten Witberg

what's a baa test?

AHunter3

If Joe Guestuser is reading the board, and I illustrate a post with a pic I uploaded as an attachment and then linked to that very imagefile with IMG tags, so as to embed it inline in my post, will Joe Guestuser (who isn't allowed to download file attachments, right?) see it, or will only registered board members be able to do so?

Maarten Witberg

yup, only registerd users. If you want to make it available to guest members, you got to make use of your own webspace or photobucket or some such :cool:

Ross MacLane
what's a baa test?

Just trying to find Harry some sheep!

Weetbicks

Doncha know that Harry only reads his own forum, you may need to post a link to this thread there for him to see it :)

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.