Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Resize Window

Whitehouse

Hi

I just added a script to a solution which included creating and resizing a new window. Now, when I open the Manage Scripts Window my current layout window changes to the sizes I've specified in the script - it's as though the script is set to run when I select Manage Scripts. Help please.

FM 10 restores the window sizes (in Windows) when you open Manage Scripts. I don' t know for sure, but it may do the same thing in Mac.

Either way, it is kind of irritating.

• 4 weeks later...

BTW This is happening only on the PC I am working on, not at home on my Mac. Script is...

Freeze Window

Set Variable [$ID; Value:INVOICES::kp_InvoiceID]

New Window [Name: "Add Payment"; Height: 450; Width: 750; Top: (Get (ScreenHeight)-450)/2; Left: (Get (ScreenWidth)-750)/2]

Go To Layout ["PAYMENTS_Received" (PAYMENTS)]

New Record/Request

Set Field [PAYMENTS::kf_PaymentID; $ID]

Go To Field [PAYMENTS::AmountReceived]

So, now when I open the Manage Scripts window, my current window is resized to 450h x 750w and centered on the screen.

I saw somewhere a suggestion it was to do with 'Windows Controller' (not Filemaker) but I haven't been able to fix the problem. Thanks.

It has nothing to do with the script...except that the file window is restoring to the last non-maximized size used.

As far as I know, there is nothing you can do to "fix" it. I believe it is part of the behavior of FileMaker 10 in the windows environment. I would suggest putting in a feature request with FileMaker.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.