Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Script to delete contents of a specific field

saltobello

I want to make a button which will untag every found item that's tagged. I'm getting stumped on what kind of script would do this.

Also, in a related issue, I have a problem where many files have been imported into my database with some wrong fields assigned. Subsequently, I have about 1000 fields with the wrong info in it. I can't do a batch delete and re-import (a co-worker's already begun modifying the fields, so a re-import would mean all of that work would need to be re-done), so I'd like to be able to run a script that only deletes the contents of a specific field, for every found item. I guess this might be the same script as above, with the field name swapped out, right?

Thanks!

I want to make a button which will untag every found item that's tagged. I'm getting stumped on what kind of script would do this.

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [YourTable::TagField; "Tagged"]

Set Error Capture [On]

Perform Find []

If [Get(FoundCount)>0]

Replace Field Contents [YourTable::TagField; ""]

End If

so I'd like to be able to run a script that only deletes the contents of a specific field, for every found item. I guess this might be the same script as above, with the field name swapped out, right?

Right.

Whiteout is also the newbie secretaries answer...

If the field is editable you can also click in the field and use the menu item for replacing contents which works the same as the button script above.

This has the advantage of being hidden from most users and unlikely to be used accidentally.

It is also good to not have a Delete Selected Records button on a layout for those who don't understand that they can delete the entire database...

Oh Really!

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.