Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Radio Buttons-

jcs5166

Hey Guys!

Im new to filemaker...i am making a database that keeps track of available office spaces in a paricular building. I created a field that allows users to enter if either "yes" the office is vacant, or "no" it is not vacant (radio Button). Also, i have another field that lists whoever is in that particular office. I want filemaker to automatically change the radio button to "yes" if the field (which contains the personell) reads "Vacant Space". Does someone have any ideas??

Hey Guys!

Im new to filemaker...i am making a database that keeps track of available office spaces in a paricular building. I created a field that allows users to enter if either "yes" the office is vacant, or "no" it is not vacant (radio Button). Also, i have another field that lists whoever is in that particular office. I want filemaker to automatically change the radio button to "yes" if the field (which contains the personell) reads "Vacant Space". Does someone have any ideas??

Auto-enter calc in the radio button field; (field options), with a calc that says

If (personell) = "Vacant Space"; 1;0)

Auto-enter calculated value option on the field you have formatted as a radio button.

Dunno what that field's name is but for now let's pretend the field's name is RadioButtonYN:

Case (Personnel Name = "Vacant Space"; "Yes"; YourTable::RadioButtonYN)

Uncheck the chekcbox for "do not replace existing value".

I do assume that the "other field for whoever is in that office" is in the same table as the RadioButtonYN field? Otherwise this will not work.

Important Information

Terms of Use