Gumbytie

So I have a page for Contacts with a checkbox of various skills:

Animation

Model

Textures

Live Action

Mixed Media

and so on....

You check each box that is appropriate for that particular candidate. Works so far.

Now there is a list view that summarizes this (This layout is "View as a List'), just has name, phone number, email and a box that has all the results from the check box one after the other - separated by a comma. That is the intended behaviour. What I set up was the field 'skills' but I cannot figure out how it should display like: Animation, Live Action, Mixed Media.....assuming those are the boxes checked in original Contact record.

What I actually see in the box is Animation, if you click in the box you will see everything checked but as if it was a list...

Animation

Live Action

Mixed Media

So is there a particular auto-calc that can parse this list and redisplay the way I desire?

You can use a separate calculation field to display the values in a single line. Your calc might look something like this:

Substitute(Case(Right(field; 1) = ¶; Left(field; Length(field) - 1); field) ; ¶ ; ", ")

The substitute() function replaces the line returns with a comma. The case() just removes a trialing line return if there is one, so you don't end up with a trailing comma.

Quick reply from Ender, thanks bunches, that did the job. I appreciate all the feedback and help from this forum. You guys ALL rock.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.