Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Delete from a portal a record in another TO

efilbert

How do I delete from a portal a record in another table that is also a TO of the current table layout?

In other words, I have a table called “People” with various associated TO’s. One TO in a portal is of “People Types” (each person can have multiple types). The other TO’s are tables for each of those types (e.g., student, parent, etc.). I then have a basic layout of just “People” and duplicate layouts for each type—that is, each is a copy of the same screen but has a section with a portal corresponding to the appropriate TO (e.g., if you click on the “details” button in the People_Types portal next to “student”, you would go to the “People_Student” layout and see the same info on the “People” layout plus a portal to the “Student TO”.)

Anyway, when I delete a row in my “People Type” portal, I return to the basic “People” layout. However, I also want to delete the record in the TO associated with the actual person type I just deleted. E.g, if I delete a portal row with “Student”, I want to be able to delete that person's record in the “Student TO”. This part works fine:

Delete Portal Row []

Go To Layout [“People” (PER)”

I haven’t worked out how to delete the record in the other TO though.

Thanks in Advance!

E.F.

I don't quite fully grasp your question, but sounds to me like you might need to use a Go to Related Record script step in order to get you on a layout/context of the related record , and then delete it. The FileMaker help has some good info on exactly how it works.

Important Information

Terms of Use