Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Externd and Constrain Found Set

Guru D

Hello Every one !

Could any one please define and differ the Extend Found Set, Constrain Found Set.

Kindly give me a example.

Thanks for your time to reply

Hello Every one !

Could any one please define and differ the Extend Found Set, Constrain Found Set.

Kindly give me a example.

Thanks for your time to reply

Often when you are scripting a FIND, you want to have a number of selective refinements to that data set, based on the user needs. Rather than rewriting the entire code set, you can narrow (constrain) or broaden (extend) the results of a find. You would typically put this into a set of conditional (if) statements in the script to generate a report, for example.

Let's say the selection of data for a report, uses multiple fields for that selection - date, active/inactive, red/blue, a given person, group, whatever. Writing the code complete for every permutation is complex and tedious, and a code management nightmare.

If you do that major find, then, within the code, create conditional selections with constrain or extend; it makes life easier.

You could live without either, but it would be more work that way.

There are probably other (many!) applications that I have not thought of, but this is what I end up using these 2 commands for.

Important Information

Terms of Use