Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Weird Calculation Showing

ncarter33

I have a Client File, Invoices, Invoice Details and Check Payments.

In my Invoice File I have a Total of Invoice Details based on the relationship between Invoice Number (invoices) and Invoice number in Details.

My Check Payments holds the checks the client is using to pay a invoice (joined By invoice number)

I have a calculation back in invoices that sums up the check amounts and compares it to the Invoice amount and if it is different conditional formating changes the test color.

Here is the two calc

1. Check Totals = Round(Sum ( Payment Details::Cheque Amount );2)

2. Round((Invoice Total + Interest Total)-Check Totals;2)

Everything worked fine until the new year when the client changed their pricing, should be no biggie as it's a lookup on the invoice details side. BUT

Now when I enter the database field 2 being shown on the client file always shows a negative value if I move over to invoices the same field shows zero, If I move back it shows nothing (I have the field set to display nothing if a zero).

Why is it doing this? It should not be it should be staying at zero.

• 4 weeks later...

It sounds to me like the new pricing is what's getting in the way. You didn't say if this is product or services, however, that really doesn't matter. Let's say it's products. And let's say that under old pricing a particular item cost $5. And they paid $5. All is equal. But now, the price is $6, so FMP would look at this and say that they owe one more dollar. The problem being that when you enter a new price structure, it updated all of your old records too, not just new ones.

Everything worked fine until the new year when the client changed their pricing, should be no biggie as it's a lookup on the invoice details side.

The price should be looked up from a price table AND STORED on the invoice side so that pricing changes to not get passed back to old invoices.

Important Information

Terms of Use