Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

How to show filtered record in layout

paulozinha

hi masters. im newbie in filemaker 9 pro.

i have a table, which i give 1 flag field called "Active", which can be 0 or 1.

my question is : how can i make a layout that only shows records which Active=0?

if i know this i can make a function/script that recieve parameter 0 or 1... and shows the related records based on the parameter. this is just my scenario.

please help. thx

You can script a Find to search for just the records you want, if your script is going to take a parameter of 0 or 1, then the script would look like this:

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [ Status ; Get ( ScriptParameter ) ]

Perform Find []

This script does a find on your layout, searching the status field for the value passed as a script parameter (0/1).

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem, maybe you can help:

If I want one of my layouts to only show records that have the text value "unsold" in a Status field of about 5 different options that are stored in a value list, is there a way to make it only show the unsold items, then have it go to browse mode Right now, this is the script that is not working, I tried to modify the one given in this post. It takes you to find mode but says there are no valid parameters to work with.

Please help! I am one week new at this, love it, but am pretty inexperienced...

Thanks,

Amanda

Go to Layout ["inventory Summary Report" (Inventory)]

Enter Find Mode []

Set Field [inventory::Status]

Perform Find[]

Sort Records [Restore; No dialog]

Omit Multiple Records [inventory::Status ≠ "unsold"]

Enter Browse Mode []

You are getting the error message because you have not specified a search term. Modify the "Set Field [inventory::Status]" script step and for a calculated result, specify "unsold".

You can remove the "omit multiple records" step too.

Important Information

Terms of Use