Jump to content
Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

lookup function not working


rfthomsen
 Share

Recommended Posts

Does anyone know why my look-up function doesn't work?

 

I have two tables. One table has multiple instances of a product code. This field is a calculation.

 

The other table has a unique product code field, which is also based on a calculation.

 

Before I created these product code calculation fields I used a simple text field for each table.

 

The look-up function worked fine when the fields were not calculations. This new relationship doesn't return the value in the other table. I have both fields as text results in my calculation.

 

Can anyone help?

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I read this article last night. Good reading. I suspected the same as you.

 

That begs the question how, if at all, I can convert the field, or its contents into a field that I can index.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If you can make the field an auto-enter calc, it can be indexed. The auto-enter will only update on the change of a predecessor field from that source record.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I ended up writing a script to copy the contents of the calculation field and paste it into a text field. It then worked fine.

 

Thanks

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use