The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
keepemup

Appointment Calendar

keepemup

I was wondering if there is a way to set up a calendar in FM for daily appointments. Does FM have a template so you can pick and choose a particular day and month like in outlook or other calendars? I would like to be able to customize a calendar for our needs.

buffalo

Actually I have a similar question. I am using FMP 8.5 on G5 Mac Dual with system X Leopard 10.5.6.

I am trying to set up schedules for ten-minute appointments with some Agents over a two day period. I will have about 8 agents and 250 clients. This is for a non-profit and naturally I am on deadline.

Using an FMP Contact Management template I’ve created one database for Client and a separate one for Agents. Then I added a report layout for appointments, and a button on the agents database that flips you to the appointment scheduler. So far so good.

Problem is, I can’t think how to have more than one appointment (smile). Is there a way to make the appointment schedule line repeat? I know this won’t make sense unless you can see what I am talking about. Here is a screen grab.

I guess I can't make the screen grab show; but it has the first line with the Agent name; second line Client name, date of appointment and time of appointment.

Thanks in advance for any help. Believe it or not I have been using FMP for several years, since version 2 in fact, but still have not mastered it!

Ross MacLane

You are looking for a customized calendar, something that can cost you money and we are not here for that puropse, ... I would suggest you contact http://www.filemakertoday.com/com/member.php?u=13702 and send him a personal message.

Ross

Actually I have a similar question. I am using FMP 8.5 on G5 Mac Dual with system X Leopard 10.5.6.

I am trying to set up schedules for ten-minute appointments with some Agents over a two day period. I will have about 8 agents and 250 clients. This is for a non-profit and naturally I am on deadline.

Using an FMP Contact Management template I’ve created one database for Client and a separate one for Agents. Then I added a report layout for appointments, and a button on the agents database that flips you to the appointment scheduler. So far so good.

Problem is, I can’t think how to have more than one appointment (smile). Is there a way to make the appointment schedule line repeat? I know this won’t make sense unless you can see what I am talking about. Here is a screen grab.

I guess I can't make the screen grab show; but it has the first line with the Agent name; second line Client name, date of appointment and time of appointment.

Thanks in advance for any help. Believe it or not I have been using FMP for several years, since version 2 in fact, but still have not mastered it!

buffalo
You are looking for a customized calendar, something that can cost you money and we are not here for that puropse, ... I would suggest you contact http://www.filemakertoday.com/com/member.php?u=13702 and send him a personal message.

Mr. Ross, I really take offense at your statement. If this forum is not here to help users put the filemaker program to work, then what good is it?

I have found templates for many things, but none for making appointments. So obviously we need to learn how to lay one out. FMP is not the easiest program in the world to master.

Actually when I click on the hotlink in your post, I get a message that I am not authorized to open that page.

Most people on this forum is friendly, kind and helpful. Thanks to all.

Carolyn in OK

Weetbicks

He was linking to my profile page, and is referring to a FileMaker plugin the company I work for sell, which is capable of easily implementing a booking system where you can drag & drop appointments, etc, its all very visual, and uses the web viewer.

So if you want to know more, send me a PM.

Jean-Pierre Bois
On 3/2/2009 at 12:42 AM, buffalo said:
ross said:

Mr. Ross, I really take offense at your statement. If this forum is not here to help users put the filemaker program to work, then what good is it?

I have found templates for many things, but none for making appointments. So obviously we need to learn how to lay one out. FMP is not the easiest program in the world to master.

Actually when I click on the hotlink in your post, I get a message that I am not authorized to open that page.

Most people on this forum is friendly, kind and helpful. Thanks to all.

Carolyn in OK

In a same way!

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.