The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
cubenam

What am I missing ???

Question

cubenam

I created a simple form template, whereas the user fills out the information, hits the email button icon, and the program should save a copy of the form as a PDF (w/o dialog) and starts the email program with the To field and the subject line field already filled out. It works perfectly in authoring mode, but when I try to create a runtime, and the user hits the email button icon, I get an error message, Save Records as PDF has been canceled. Do you wish to continue with this script? If I continue, the email program starts up, with the To field and the subject field information all correct, but does not attach the PDF file that should have been created...???

What am I not getting..???

3 answers to this question

HBMarlowe

You cannot save as PDF from a runtime. Filemaker pays for a license for the PDF encoder based on each copy of FM sold. Since they have no way of knowing or controlling how many runtimes are sold they had to omit that functionality.

cubenam

so what options are left than...???

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.