Sign in to follow this  
scherico

Volunteer needed for easy project for Animal Rescue Group

scherico

I am "pretty good" with Filemaker, but "very bad" at script writing. I would like to know if there are any volunteers out there that can either help me, or create something very simple for me.

After we screen an applicant for a Golden Retriever, we find one of our volunteers to go out and do a "Home Check". To find someone to do the HC, I put in the zip code in a FM database that I created. It will show me Name, address, city, state, zip, phone, and email address. All I really want to do is this:

If I put in zip code 30084, I would like all the email addresses to come up in one field so I can copy and paste them right into outlook. Right now, I am copy and pasting 20-40 email address depending on the Zip. Believe me, i am happy to just have it sort by zip, but I feel what I want to do is not far off.

Thank you so much in advance for your help. I can be reached at scherico@mac.com

kev100

Hi, couldn't you just send the email straight from filemaker, to all email addresses in the found set? You'd just need to create a button on your layout, and attach a Send mail script to it, one email for each record in the found set.

Apologies if I've not understood your issue.

smiley-smile

Kev.

GarryBargsley

Or if you just do a find and once all the records you want are found do an export to a TAB delimited file of just e-mail address field.

Then open the text file, select all and copy. Then go in to your e-mail and paste in the BCC field, is what I would suggest to use.

Then you will be good to go.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.