The ORIGINAL FileMaker Community - Forum - Online Business Apps & Software Forum
pattyrod

Increase size of drop down list

pattyrod

I have a drop down list that is reading from a value list. For some reason, the drop down list cuts off text on the right (the drop down box is too small). Previous drop down lists I've created have always been big enough to read all the text in the drop down list. Does anyone know how to control the size of the drop down list box?

Thanks,

Patty

hugh71158

Hi,

I am a beginner, so maybe this wont be the right answer. But can you pop in a few blank spaces after your text to lengthen each line? Would that do it?

Hugh

zoedog

in my experience the drop downs stay a fixed width.

the pop ups will expand to the widest item.

granted, i'm currently working on a macintosh. perhaps it's different on windows, but i can't test that right now.

pattyrod

I actually found a solution. I was told that the drop down list box size is determined by the first line of data that appears in the drop down box.

I have a calculated field that is part of the value list that is being shown in the drop down list. I added several blank spaces at the end of the calculated field and it did the job.

Thanks for your replies!

Patty

Arby

Is there a way to increase the size of a drop-down list vertically, i.e., make it longer?

EncryptedFile
Is there a way to increase the size of a drop-down list vertically, i.e., make it longer?

I too am interested in learning if there is way to expand the vertical height of a drop-down list that is populated by values from a virtual value list in Filemaker 15.

List Expanded.PNG

Edited by EncryptedFile
Tried adding some screencaps, but limit is one?

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.