Sign in to follow this  
gkmros

FMP Developer needed for Hamilton, Ontario, Canada area

gkmros

Hi Everyone!

I have been working on a Truck Dealership application for a while now and desperately need someone to help me complete the work. The original application was done in MS Access but it was loaded with problems due to improper normalization and relationships. The owner of the Dealership does not want the old data from Access and would like to start fresh in Filemaker Pro 9 Advanced.

I have done some of the work already. I have made use of the on-line templates available from Filemaker, so I have a basic menu system, a customer contacts module, and Inventory tracking. But I would like to get the Sales Order module working using the same form layouts that were used in the Access application.

I have a limited budget to work with but I am ready to pay someone for the help. Having someone locally to converse with and possibly take on site would be desireable; however, I will entertain any offers of help.

Thanks!

Gerry

AHunter3

I would politely suggest that you expand your net to developers not in your immediate area. This board has many proficient developers who could do your project from their remote location, emailing you the database or working on it over the network. Not to say Ontario region lacks such folks, but there's no real reason to only look locally since you are not requiring site hardware setup etc.

gkmros

I have already stated in my post that I will entertain any offers. I need someone that can help me as soon as possible. If the expertise I seek can only be provided remotely, than I have no problem with this.

If anyone has any questions or would like to pursue this project with me then, please contact me ASAP.

Thanks!

Gerry

Soglaos

Good evening. While I am not in the Ontario area I would be will ling to look at what you have and maybe instead of you just having me finish it for you we can work togehter to finsihed your project. I have about 32 years in the development of Databases for all types of applications. I am lso beend eveloping with Filemaker for last 15 years and have even had several of my databases written up by FileMaker and also in Virginia Success magazine. An I have written articles for several publication most recently was DM Review. I can tell you one thing An that My rates are very well small. I am retired now at the early age of 55 and do this to keep busy. So I would very much like to discuss your project with you and if you are interested maybe even share some of my knowledge.

I look for to hearing from you. My contact information is:

Bruce L. Knight

brucelk1@verizon.net

Cell 757-636-7935

respectfully

Bruce

Hi Everyone!

I have been working on a Truck Dealership application for a while now and desperately need someone to help me complete the work. The original application was done in MS Access but it was loaded with problems due to improper normalization and relationships. The owner of the Dealership does not want the old data from Access and would like to start fresh in Filemaker Pro 9 Advanced.

I have done some of the work already. I have made use of the on-line templates available from Filemaker, so I have a basic menu system, a customer contacts module, and Inventory tracking. But I would like to get the Sales Order module working using the same form layouts that were used in the Access application.

I have a limited budget to work with but I am ready to pay someone for the help. Having someone locally to converse with and possibly take on site would be desireable; however, I will entertain any offers of help.

Thanks!

Gerry

gkmros

Thanks Bruce,

I have sent you an email.

Gerry smiley_cool

FMP_Joe

Hi, I live in Toronto, I am a very qualified FileMaker developer with over 10 years experience. My clients are ISO registered companies and other levels of companies as well.

Please contact my be email at joe_fiore@hotmail.com.

I would be please to meet with you in Hamilton to discuss the project.

Regards,

Joe.

Mr. Bungle

Gerry,

If nothing else works out for you, I'm in Fort Erie and FileMaker Pro design is part of my day job-

rbielman@cogeco.ca

gkmros

I appreciate all of the advice and offers of help. I have now found someone whom has graciously offered to assist me on this project. In the process it looks like I will get a really good education on proper database design and implementation.

Thanks to all who responded to my plea for help.

Gerry smiley-smile

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.