Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

How to display records from Table A when there is no match to Table B

pattyrod

I need to produce a report that is reporting off of 2 tables. Table A is a list of contracts that specifies data files we are entitled to receive. Table B lists all the data files we have in house. Table A and B are related by contract number. I would like for a report to show all contracts in table A and all data files in table B, but to also show any contracts in table A that do not have data files in table B.

Ex:

Contract 1:

Data File A

Data File B

Contract 2:

Data File C

Contract 3:

Data File D

Data File E

Contract 4:

(no data files)

Contract 5:

(no data files)

I would accomplish this in Access via an outer join. My understanding is that FM does not do outer joins. Any ideas on how I can do this?

I've explored using a portal, but I have numerous records in Table B and can not anticipate the exact number of rows I will need in the portal. I need for the report to automatically show all the records in Table B.

Appreciate any help..

Patty

Helo, pattyrod.

In attacment you will see two tables A and B.

And in layout A you can see what record of table A have not mutch record in B. If you want to see all such records in A find in this table recived="no".

I Am afraid that i dont understand you.!?

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.