Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Mysterious pop-up of drop-down

MicheleC

I have a record layout that includes several text fields, drop-down fields, radio button fields, and two portals that display information from different tables. One of these portals displays a field that also happens to be a drop-down.

There is one drop-down field in this layout (let's call it "DDF") which, when I click and make a selection from the list, successfully enters that selection BUT it then also causes the drop-down list in the *portal* field (let's call it "DDP") to appear, as though I had clicked on *that* drop-down. DDP disappears if I click on it, or if I click anywhere else in the layout. This happens consistently, every single time I make a selection from DDF (not when I click on it to display the list, not if I free-type something in, but always when I click on one of the list choices). Both DDP and DDF appear to be very simple drop-downs, no associated scripts or auto-fill or anything else. The two fields don't appear to have any relationship to each other. This happens whether I view the layout as a form or a table.

What could be causing this, and what should I be looking for to fix it?

Michele C.

It's probably the next item in your tab order. After picking the value in Field A, the focus moves to the next field in the tab order. If it also has a dropdown VL, it's going to drop down at that point.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.