thebassetthound

Volunteer Filemaker work anyone?

thebassetthound

To whom it may concern,

I work in the IT field, however I volunteer for a community Radio Station who use Filemaker as their primary Database application.

We are looking to rebuild it from the ground up!

Our long-term plan is to rebuild in around 12 months – so no rush!

I am wondering if your anyone is willing to volunteer some time to help/assist/run this project.

I look forward to your response.

Cheers,

-Nick

Weetbicks

Are you able to provide a copy of the current database so I can take a look @ it and get an idea of the work involved?

cheers.

thebassetthound

Sure, what's your email details - I can send you an empty FMDB so you can see the existing "structure".

-Nick

Weetbicks

daniel@digitalfusion.co.nz

Are the requirements for the new database basically the same as the old one, just "modernised" for the 21st century? :) Or do you have a whole new set of features in mind that you want?

thebassetthound

TOTAL redesign

Existing one is basically built on the fact you must be a member to existing in the DB and the membership number (record number) drives this.

We want to have people in the database, they may be members, or sponsors, or volunteers, or have any number of interactions with the station, so we need to assign a unique ID per person.

Add to this we have FAMILY memberships, which may be composed of several people - but each person needs to be collectively part of the family, but also have all these other attributes able to be assigned to them individually.

Will dump a copy of the DB over to you now

-N

brucebalmer

I'd be happy to take a look also, if you like. Reach me directly at bruce.balmer at gmail dot com

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.