Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Filemaker 5.0 and Outlook Express Address Bod

Joan

find the records with email addresses you want, and export to tab/comma-delimited text file from FMP

import from a text file from Outlook express

FMP will ask which fields you wish to export, and outlook express will ask you to locate the text file you created from FMP

you really use outlook express???smiley-laughing

• 2 weeks later...

I read about transferring email addresses from FMP to Outlook. Is it possible to transfer the entire address book? We use version 6. We are looking to purchase a new CRM program and we have hit a road block because the software only synchronizes with Outlook. We CAN NOT re-type all the contact data. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thinking is that this 'roadblock' is an accident that is about to happen... if you have the authority or influence don't do it. It sounds to me like you (or someone) has been looking at 'Act' or some other shrink-wrapped CRM

Why? - why, why, why? - when you can have a professionally designed product, built to meet your own specifications; created by (one or other) of the wizards here at the FileMaker Cafe? - or do it yourself... with help from folks here

Just a suggestion... but if you have the authority, why not try placing a post here http://filemakertoday.com/com/forumdisplay.php?f=16 and see if anyone might be interested in taking your money?

Give them an idea about; Budget, Specification & Timeframe... you might just be pleasantly surprised

If a product calls itself a CRM and does not in ITSELF handle something like email or fax, it really should not call itself a CRM... it's just a database setup by someone who 'thinks' they know what users need

Yes, you can grab all the info from FM6 and you can stick it into OE... if that's what you really want to do

In a nutshell we are looking to buy an "out of the can" CRM program. Not ACT though. I do not have the final say, although I have been tasked with the research. Right now just weighing our options. If someone were to build it for us it would built off of File Maker 6? Just trying to understand so that I can pass the information on. If we end of dumping the contact info into Outlook how would we achieve that? Thanks.

In a nutshell we are looking to buy an "out of the can" CRM program. Not ACT though. I do not have the final say, although I have been tasked with the research. Right now just weighing our options. If someone were to build it for us it would built off of File Maker 6? Just trying to understand so that I can pass the information on. If we end of dumping the contact info into Outlook how would we achieve that? Thanks.

Leave the development of how someone would build something to the person doing the development to decide, they would need to know a bit about your setup to even discuss... but yes, a experienced FileMaker could produce a solution for you in FM6 or FM9 with or without the associated FM advanced developer/network tools, depends on what you want the thing to do?! - a roladex holds names and addresses!

Are you not changing your hardware at the same time?

You would acheive the 'dumping' of contact data from FM to Outlook by producing a text file from FM, and then use Outlook's import and support function for getting things correct at the other end

FileMaker is very generous with its export function

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.