Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Issue With Portals and Calculations

nick718

Hi All,

I am somewhat new to FMP, but have pretty significant database experience. Here is what I'm trying to do:

I have an Invoices table, this is my parent table. I also have a Parts table to represent car parts. Each Invoice can have its own list of parts, the parts are not unique to all all Invoices. Each Part entry has a quantity, a part cost and a total for that part cost. The total part cost is a calculation that is simply quantity*part cost.

So each Invoice has an invoice id field which is related to that same field in the Parts table. I have a portal to the Parts table on my Invoice layout.

Now the poblem comes in when I place a field in the Invoice table to represent the total of all parts entries costs. It is just a calculation that does Sum(Parts::total part cost). The issue is that the field on the layout neve evaluates.

Am I missing something important here?

Also, another semi related question, is there any to make all calculation fields on a layout update after every action?

Thank you all.

It is just a calculation that does Sum(Parts::total part cost). The issue is that the field on the layout neve evaluates.

Is your field a calculation field or is it some other kind of field (number, for example) with an auto-enter calculation option set for it?

Important Information

Terms of Use