Andrew6000

Advice on Barcoding plugins

Andrew6000

Anyone have experience with Bar Coding plug-ins? Google gives many options, but i wanted to check here to see if there were any recommendations.

Thanks!

----UPDATE----

After calling the people at http://www.idautomation.com/ I've decided to go with them.

I'd still take an personal experience people have with this company/product.

Thanks again.

AHunter3

I've used IDAutomation's font + plugins for barcode scanning and been quite pleased with them. For barcode scanners we used industry-standard Symbol Technologies USB scanners.

Ted S

Another possibility for producing barcodes with Filemaker is the SmartPill PHP plug-in from Scodigo. PHP can dynamically produce images in different formats so a generated image of the barcode in .gif or .png format could scripted to be placed into a container located on your layout of choice. No fonts involved.

PHP is so expansive and flexible that a plug-in that gives you the power of PHP from within Filemaker can take the place of many other plug-ins in your arsenal.

BTW. I'm not selling or representing Scodigo in any way other than as a developer I really like the obvious potential of this plug-in.

Important Information

Terms of Use