Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Lost Plug-ins

I have just upgraded from a G4 Mac to a dual core intel IMac.

In accordance with a recommendation from FileMaker I re-installed 8.5 Advanced (which seemed anyway to be going along quite nicely)

As a result FileMaker no longer recognises any of my plug-ins 0 including thise supplied by FileMaker itself.

What can I do to overcome this?

AHunter3

Did you reinstall the plugins? Reinstalling FileMaker may have replaced the entire FileMaker folder, therefore including the Extensions folder containing the plug-ins. (I don't think I've ever reinstalled any Mac application so I'm only guessing).

All the plug- ins are happily residing in the extensions folder, where FMPro expects to find them, but on investigating Preferences - Plug-ins, absolotely nothing shows.

How about that?

AHunter3

I just had that problem with FileMaker 8.5 Advanced on a PC. Not after reinstallation but after manually dragging the plugin files for the first time into extensions. Restart FmAdv, go to Prefs, Plugins, = nada.

Just kept pulling them out and pushing them back in and relaunching / quitting FmAdvanced, eventually it "noticed".

Gives you that nice confident feeling about auto-update, doesn't it?

Not the best way to manage things is it?

I tried to get the installer disk to re install the extensions after first copying them to a n external drive then deleting them,

The only ones the program recognised were zipscript and autoupdate

Important Information

Terms of Use