kevinm78

Need Youmehub tweeked

kevinm78

I am a registered owner of the fine job tracking database Youmehub. I am not a database developer, I'm an interior designer. I have dabbled with databases, and enjoy working with them, but that is not what I do for a living.

Youmehub out of the box lacks a few basic features I need. I would imagine it would take less than two hours to add the simple features I need. What I'm looking for is a developer who owns the full developer's unlocked package of Youmehub who would make the changes I need. I'm not about to spend $1,200 for the full developer's version of the program to make a few minor changes.

If you are that person, or can direct me to the proper person, please email me at kevinm33@earthlink.net

Kevin

David Head

Hi Kevin

First of all I have deleted your duplicate posts. There is no need to post in multiple forums.

Secondly, while i appreciate your cost conciousness in this matter, I feel that what you are asking another licensed user to do is unreasonable and not legal in the scope of their license. Have you contacted the developer direct?

kevinm78
Hi Kevin

First of all I have deleted your duplicate posts. There is no need to post in multiple forums.

Secondly, while i appreciate your cost conciousness in this matter, I feel that what you are asking another licensed user to do is unreasonable and not legal in the scope of their license. Have you contacted the developer direct?

I own the single user version of youmehub. I understand there is a developer's version that is unlocked and can be altered and resold by that developer.

I don't believe I'm asking anyone to do anything unethical. If a developer has purchased the full version designed to be customized and resold, why am I being out of line asking him or her to do just that?

My needs are minor, such as totaling the amounts due on a list view of invoices.

Did you leave any of my posts?

David Head

All the information I can gather is:

"...The Developer product is a completely unlocked open source FileMaker solution which will allow you or a third party developer to customize it further to your specific requirements by modifying or adding...".

So you are correct when you say that "there is a developer's version that is unlocked and can be altered". However, it does not follow that the modified product could be "resold by that developer". What would normally happen is that you would buy the developer version because you need changes and additions, and then you or a contracted developer will add to or modify your licensed copy. See how that works?

Youmehub are obviously interested in selling as many licenses as they can, not for developers to purchase one license, modify the solution a bit and then sell as many as they can. As I see it, each license is one sold by Youmehub. If you want to modify it, buy a developer license and go for it.

I have left this post that was in the most appropriate forum - Help Wanted.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.