Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Thumbnail Gallery Layout

nion

Good morning, my first post here, but have been checking this forum out for a long time now. (Thanks for all the tips so far!!!)

Anyways, moving along to the fun part. I'm building a database for a design studio. It's a database that keeps track of all the art they've purchased from stock houses, etc. I have a thumbnail view page, but it only allows one column of thumbnails. What I'm looking to create is a gallery type view, so there will be about 4 rows and 4 columns of thumbnails. I'm assuming this would be done with portals, but I'm not 100% sure how to go about this.

Thanks!!!

You are right that it would be done with portals. When defining a portal, you can specify which portal rows it displays. So the first portal would show records 1-4, the second 5-8, etc. You haven't provided any details to give a more complete solution.

• 6 years later...

Hello all!

I've been looking around for a few days now, but I can't figure out how to get a "gallery type looking" layout in list view.

No plugin's available neither, and almost no posts on forums about this kind of problems.

What I want to do, is a layout in browse mode that has only image containers from the inventory. A "gallery List", or a kind of "contact sheets", where 4 vertical rows spreads over the width of the page, and displays the records as thumbnails so that the user can click on them and get into its details.

I read this old post : http://www.filemakertoday.com/com/showthread.php/20618-Images-Thumbnails-Contact-Sheet?highlight=gallery

I think he got the point, but isn't there something a bit more easier today, so that it can manage hundreds or thousands of records and display them into columns?

Thanks in advance for all tips :)

Damien

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.