Daniel S

Membership solution needed - CT

Daniel S

We are in need of an real estate investor association membership management solution.

Our needs are light right now. We have about 100 active members.

This is what we think we need right now. (I say "think" because I admit to not knowing a lot about this.)...

We need to be able to easily track our members, how they paid, meeting attendance, etc.

We need to be able to quickly sort through them for reporting and communication purposes.

We would like a central location for the database that is multi user. It should also have off line and syncing capability.

On line access would be nice but not critical.

Multi level user access would be nice.

Our thinking is that we would like to start with something small that we can grow into and then out of. At that point, I think that we would come back to the service provider and seek more developer assistance.

Of course, if someone has a solution which they've already developed that they wish to sell again we are open to discussing that option. The problem we've have with previously developed solutions is their cost and their learning curve. Of course, they've got soutions to needs that we haven't encountered (yet) built right in but those big solutions come at a big price and, as I said, we are only 100 strong. (and growing.) :)

We are in central CT. My feeling is that being local to our develop/service provider will fit in with the way that we like to do business.

Feel free to email me at danATnortheastreia.com to discuss. Contacting me over the holidays is fine. If you wish to check out our group just visit the domain of my email address.

Thanks.

Dan

rwalsh

You could always try some of the samples that come packaged with FileMaker, I've used their client management solution numerous times, and tweaked it depending on what exactly I needed to store for data. Its also a good way to learn the software, and you wont end up paying someone to do it for you.

Daniel S
You could always try some of the samples that come packaged with FileMaker, I've used their client management solution numerous times, and tweaked it depending on what exactly I needed to store for data. Its also a good way to learn the software, and you wont end up paying someone to do it for you.

Thank you for the suggestion. I'm hesitant to buy an FM license until I know what we need. I'd hate to buy a single license and find out later that I need something else.

Dan

rwalsh

FileMaker is a great peice of software, I enjoy learning it and using it and have ended up using it more than I thought, you are able to download the most recent version as a trial version, which gives you full access for 30 days. I suggest you give that a shot.

Another not so pricy alternative is Microsoft Access. Basically and fundamentaly the same principles, not as flashy though, and limited on some sides. Both have their pros and cons. I highly recomend filemaker, for its ability to store data internally, and its an easy tool to learn, ability to share file accross network to multiple licenses and over an Instant Web Publish tool to a specified amount at one single time. I currently develop for the company I work for, and we use it in our facility for over 250 staff and it works great.

Give the trial a shot, it comes with tutorials and the samples I mentioned earlier. Thats my advice.

Daniel S

Hehe, I'm actually downloading it as we speak.

As far as Access is concerned, I have two words. One starts with an F and the other is Microsoft. :)

Truthfully, I'd rather stay with FM. I'm betting that FM developers are nicer people (in general) than Access developers.

Best,

Dan

Robert Schaub

Dan,

Check your email

Soglaos
We are in need of an real estate investor association membership management solution.

This is what we think we need right now. (I say "think" because I admit to not knowing a lot about this.)...

We need to be able to easily track our members, how they paid, meeting attendance, etc.

We need to be able to quickly sort through them for reporting and communication purposes.

We would like a central location for the database that is multi user. It should also have off line and syncing capability.

Our thinking is that we would like to start with something small that we can grow into and then out of. At that point, I think that we would come back to the service provider and seek more developer assistance.

Of course, if someone has a solution which they've already developed that they wish to sell again we are open to discussing that option. The problem we've have with previously developed solutions is their cost and their learning curve. Of course, they've got soutions to needs that we haven't encountered (yet) built right in but those big solutions come at a big price and, as I said, we are only 100 strong. (and growing.) :)

We are in central CT. My feeling is that being local to our develop/service provider will fit in with the way that we like to do business.

Feel free to email me at danATnortheastreia.com to discuss. Contacting me over the holidays is fine. If you wish to check out our group just visit the domain of my email address.

Thanks.

Dan

Good Day,

I would like some more information of exactly on what you are looking to have developed. Basically your requirements then we can go from there.

As for me My name is Bruce L. Knight and Have been writing database now for over 25 years and have created solutions for High End Retail client, Real Estate companies, US Navy, various Police Departments, and others. Currently I am semi-retired so I can provide development services that many others can not afford to. With that said my rates are extremely affordable but the level of services provided will be first rate.

An while I am not local I do travel to New England often. With that said I look forward to hearing from you.

Soglaos

Thanks.

Dan

Good Day,

I would like some more information of exactly on what you are looking to have developed. Basically your requirements then we can go from there.

As for me My name is Bruce L. Knight and Have been writing database now for over 25 years and have created solutions for High End Retail client, Real Estate companies, US Navy, various Police Departments, and others. Currently I am semi-retired so I can provide development services that many others can not afford to. With that said my rates are extremely affordable but the level of services provided will be first rate.

An while I am not local I do travel to New England often. With that said I look forward to hearing from you.

Daniel S

Bruce,

If you would be so kind to email me at danATnortheastreia.com I'll be happy to discuss this with you.

Best,

Dan

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.