Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

"To" field in E-mail using FM script

csisav

I'm using FM 8.5 Pro in Win XP.

I have a list of email addresses in FM and I would like to be able to generate an email from FM to that set of email addresses. I can get the email to open without a problem (with my attachment) but it does not include the email addresses. I have tried both the "specify field name" and "specify calculation" to tell it to look at the field with the email addresses. I have toggled the two different sets of options for sending to more than one email without success. I use Outlook Express.

If what I am trying to do is not the reason the "specify field name" and "specify calculation" fields are there, why are they there???

Thanks!

Your 'Send Mail' script step sounds like it may be coming up against a compromised OS or application. Normally what you have described should work fine.

On a side note if you are sending out to bulk addresses, unless you actually want all your recipients to see chunks of your database email address records you should set the addresses to the 'BCC' (Blind Carbon Copy) field not the 'TO' field. You don't actually need an address in that field if you have data in the BCC field anyway.

Not using the 'BCC' field is a great way of spreading your customers email address to the internet spamming community. They won't thank you for it!

Thanks for the info. It is actually a short list and I actually do want each recipient to be able to see the others. It is a list of workers for my small company and they need to be able to communicate via email.

So you are suggesting I need to use a different email client?

So you are suggesting I need to use a different email client?

No, it sounds like your OS, Outlook or FileMaker isn't working as it should be. Perhaps a corrupt cache or preference file?

Important Information

Terms of Use