Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

double sided printing problem

onnotche

Hi,

I'm using FM5 with PC's and macs.

I've been trying for days to create a layout that includes a contract and, on the other side of the sheet, the general terms of sales. In preview mode, things look fine, but the printer output causes huge problems: the terms of sales that should be on page 6 are on page 2 and there is only a small part of the original text visible on page 6 itself. This problem is not printer related, I've tried different printers and the result is the same everywhere. I've even tried to create a new layout from scratch but the result is the same (I've scanned a page that can be seen here: http://www.flandrecotedopale.com/scan.jpg

Thanks for your help!

Are you trying to generate both sides of the printout from a single FmPro layout? If so, are you doing it that way because you wish/need to print these things out in batches rather than one at a time?

I would like to use one layout indeed because my printer has the possibility to print double sided and the printer is located far from my desk. Also, other people use it on the network so printing one side first and putting the paper back in the tray to print the other side sometimes gives unexpected results, if I do not tell my colleagues to wait using the printer until I'm finished.

So each record's "form" is at least 6 pages but the output is landing on the wrong pages?

Aside from being on the wrong pages, is the pagination all screwed up (with bits of page 3 at the bottom of page 2, page 4 getting its bottom cut off, etc), or is it pretty much exclusively a matter of the wrong virtual "page" ending up on some of the physical pages?

Can you reorder the bits & pieces of the layout to correspond with what the printer is actually doing? Is the printer doing the same (mismatched) thing consistently, or is it printing pages willy-nilly all over the freaking place?

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.