Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Show/Hide Fields on Layout

mmuller

Is there a way to hide and then show a field depending on an earlier choice from a value list ? I need to simplify the options on screen when entering data and then expand those options only for those employees that need the extra fields etc etc...

:) Please can someone show me the light at the end of a fairly dark tunnel

Many thanks works perfectly. Changed the test to Yes/No for my purpose so that it reads a little better in this particular usage. Once again thank you for your help.

• 4 months later...

Using the FMP Personnel Record template.. is it possible that if a person is of a certain department (Corporate) that the data in the salary field is not visible to them?

I want a person to keep up with our data entry on our personnel record but not be able to see corporate people's salary...

Thanks

jack

I would assume that the person who belongs to Corporate department has a different PrivilegeSet than people who are not? Or is this one of the very few differences in privileges & access that differentiates someone in Corporate from someone who is in some other department?

My inclination would be to use the built-in powers of custom Privilege Sets t control who gets to see what; there are, however, ways of doing it via portals and calcs much as described in the link I provided above.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.