Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Master Script...

Tsar Nikk

Hello all...

I am a FMP newbie, using 7.0 on Windows XP.

I have created scripts that allow me to print out audition sheets for a festival we are running at my school...the sheets are printed singly right now, and I would like to also have a script that allows me to print them all out at once.

I tried this, however, because of my earlier setup preferences in the individual scripts, it pauses for the Print Dialog in the middle of each sheet (there are 20 total).

My question is...

Is there a command function or some scripting step I can take to remove the dialog from in between each of the 20 sheets when I run the master "Print All Sheets" script, without removing the dialog from the individual "Print Flute sheet," "Print Oboe sheet," etc. scripts?

You can use If[] branching in your scripts to print with or without dialog, depending on the script parameter. Then you can use the same script (launched from different buttons) to do either.

The specifics depend on how you've implemented your "sheets". But the idea is:

If [ get(scriptparameter) = "All" ]

Print [ no dialog ]

Else

Print []

End If

Then the button for the Print All would need a script parameter "All" set in the button definition.

Printing is also either 'current record' or 'all records in found set'. So set these accordingly within your Print[] dialogs. smiley-smile

Printing is also either 'current record' or 'all records in found set'. So set these accordingly within your Print[] dialogs. smiley-smile

What LaRetta is saying is , New in the command Print , you can no specify the printer, page format and current record or records being browsed.

Used to be you had to run the script with dialog , make your choices, continue the script, then go back and save options. Now you do itr from the get go.

Important Information

Terms of Use