Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Find EXACT date

DataChris

Hey Guys,

I have a startup script that searches for birthdays.

Basically it enters find mode and inserts.... Month(Get(CurrentDate))&"/"&Day(Get(CurrentDate))

Problem 10/1 (today) finds the employee with 10/19 (etc).

So I changed it to "="&Month(Get(CurrentDate))&"/"&Day(Get(CurrentDate))

But that doesn't find anything. Well it works if i enter it manually during a find but not during the script.

So I'm looking for the fix to find a date field that matches today.

If you have the year of birth in your birthday field e.g. 12/10/1973 AND it is a date field then :

Enter Find Mode[]

Set Field [; Month ( Get(CurrentDate) ) & "/" & Day ( Get(CurrentDate) ) & "/*"]

Perform Find

If you don't know the year of birth then you could set the year to '0001' (or anything up to 4000) as an auto-enter on record creation and the find calc will still work.

If your date is in a text field and it sounds like it is (I don't think you can have a date field value with no year in it) formatted like "12/10", to make it easier you could enter your single digit dates with leading zeroes in your text field. Then something like:

Set Field[ ; GetAsText ( Let ( [ m = Month(Get(CurrentDate)); d = Day(Get(CurrentDate)) ] ; If ( m

…will work.

I think your problem may lie more in the method & format that you are using to store the dates. Meantime this should work with what appears to be your current format:

Set Field[ ; "==" & GetAsText (Month(Get(CurrentDate)) & "/" & Day(Get(CurrentDate))) ]

Hey Guys,

I have a startup script that searches for birthdays.

Basically it enters find mode and inserts.... Month(Get(CurrentDate))&"/"&Day(Get(CurrentDate))

Problem 10/1 (today) finds the employee with 10/19 (etc).

It does??????????????

Are you SURE this date of birth field is a genuine DATE field and not a text field?

Actually it does work with the "=...." but the trick was to search in a Month/Day field (a calc text field that eliminates the year). I had forgot I even created that for use in the script and when I was error trappin the thing I kept searching the ACTUAL date (m/d/y) field with the "=..." which was screwing the whole thing up.

=Equal was necessary to eliminate the 10/1 day from finding the 10/19's etc.

Thanks for the input!

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.