Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

What does this code mean?

saad

Hi,

I have two databases in filemaker 6 which are called web_prod.fp5 and DE_web_prod.fp5. There is a thiord databses called ord_itms.fp5. The first two databses contains list of products and when user add product to basket then that item is added to ord_itms.fp5. The problem i am getting is that when i try to add product to basket, it takes the price from web_prod.fp5 where I want price to be taken from de_web_prod.fp5. The code was written by someone else so cant get it right. I am new to filemaker. Please help to resolve the problem. The code below is for adding product to basket.

[fmp-if:field:available.eq.no][fmp-else][fmp-if:currentcookie:eurotalkorderid.gt.]

[fmp-image:levelmarker] 

[fmp-else]

[fmp-image:levelmarker]

[/fmp-if]

[/fmp-if]

I don't think that your problem can be resolved with the information you've given us. Since there is no reference to web_prod.fp5 in the above HTML, I think it could be at the filemaker end of the solution, somewhere there must be (probably) a lookup defined which points to the wrong file.

kjoe

thanks for your reply. I have checked all scripts and there is no pointer there.Secondly first line of code is [fmp-if:field:available.eq.no] which compares the available field from database with no. I want to ask that how does it knows that which database it has to look at. There is no reference to database above that line of code. I can send you full code in this file if that will help you to know the problem.

thanks

checked all scripts

I think you need to look at the field definition of the price field that's in ord_items. My guess is it looks up the price from web_prod.fp5 and not DE_web_prod.fp5, so you'd need to change that lookup and the underlying relationship.

I'm not really sure I understand what that fmp-if does, but then I must admit I can't help you with the html. I'm taking an educated guess that your problem is not in the html but in the filemaker end of things. But I could be off the mark.

kjoe

• 2 weeks later...

hi,

you were right, the problem was in database not in html code. there was a relationship which links to web_prod instead of de_web_prod. i managed to change it to right database.

thanks alot.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.