Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

fields not showing up to print in preview mode

daverushton

Some of my fields can be viewed in browse mode with data but when I look in the preview mode they're not showing up. I want to see what's in the browse mode in the preview mode as well.

a) Is it a form view, list view, or table view? In form view, the most likely layout for data entry, if you've got a found set of n where n>1, and where you're not on the very first record when you're in Browse Mode, then in Preview Mode you're not going to see the record you were on in Browse Mode. You're going to see the very first record (because it would be the first one to print), and possibly that record had blank fields. To see the record you're on in Preview Mode, isolate it first (Show All Records, Omit Record, Show Omitted Records Only).

b) Fields can be set to not print. Usually you'd know if you'd set them that way, but just for the heck of it click each missing field in Layout Mode and go to Format menu, Sliding/Printing, and make sure the fields aren't set to not print. What won't print won't show up in Preview Mode either.

c) In Browse Mode you can view and edit data in fields that are "off the page". Go into Layout Mode after previewing and you should see a line marking the edge of the paper as defined in Print Setup. Anything outside that border isn't going to show up in Preview Mode because it's outside the printable area of the layout.

If none of these possibilities addresses your problem, try to provide more information about the screen you're trying to print, the fields that aren't printing, and anything else that might be relevant.

If you are using a List layout with Grouped data, you can't see the same thing in Browse that you see in Preview. As suggested, we need more information here; specifically the layout being used. List layouts also must be sorted in specific sequence of the leading part.

Important Information

Terms of Use