Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Only see one record in portal

PeterG

I have a database with a portal and see only one of the related records and not all of them. (FM Pro 6)

First table is "MASTER" record of manufacturing tools, with data on cost, type, description, ID #, etc. There is an auto-enter serial # generated for each tool in the table, field name: "Unique_ID"

I have a 2nd table "HISTORY" which is a listing of tool approvals, dates, engineer's name, type of approval, etc. There is a field in this table as well called "Unique_ID" which is filled in by a data entry person.

One tool may have multiple approvals over time which I want to display in a portal in the "MASTER" table.

Depending on what sort I specify in the portal, I get either the last or first record for a particular tool from HISTORY but not all of the related records.

In the MASTER table I define the relationship as Unique_ID = Unique_ID from the related HISTORY table.

I also a similar relationship in the HISTORY table, to automate filling in a few fields automatically from the MASTER table. Unique_ID = Unique_ID from the related MASTER table.

Thanks for your help.

What happens when you manually copy the Unique ID of the Master record and manually do a find for matching records in the History table? Do you get more than one record?

If you do, they should indeed all show up in the portal, and the most likely cause of them not doing so is the fields themselves not being entirely within the confined of the first portal row as seen in Layout Mode. Get the bottom pixel rows too far down and they go outside the bounds of first portal row, and you'll only see the first related record. (Also true for top, or for that matter for left or right, although if you're showing multiple fields in your portal we can pretty much eliminate left or right offset error).

Important Information

Terms of Use