Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Formatting currency fields when data is transferred

Evergreenh

Someone very kindly answered a question I had about putting a combination of information from a field and standard text into an email body, however it has raised one other question.

The field information that I am transferring is a numerical value that is formatted in all layouts to appear as currency showing only 2 figures beyond the decimal point. However the number is subject to a calculation that does cause it to be calculated to various numbers after the decimal point.

When this numerical value is displayed in the body of an email it displays it to however many decimal points the original calculation takes it to, and I cant see how I would format it to appear with only two numbers after the deminal point. I can add in the £ sign myself, but right now it looks like :

£34.678 in the email, although of course on the layouts I have it formatted to £34.68.

Can anyone see a way of transferring the formatting of this field into an email?

Thanks in advance

• 1 month later...

In layout mode highlight the field you want. on the toolbar click format > number. then specify your currency symbol and number of decimal spaces.

hope that's what you were looking for.

Important Information

Terms of Use