Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Help with portals in report header

JKamrin

I think there is probably a simple answer to this question, but I can't find it! I have a report with both text, internal fields, graphics, and several portals with external fields in the header. Everything looks fine on the layout, but when I go into preview, the header does not look right -- the portal fields only show up on the first page. I've tried every possible type of header, but can't get it to work so that the header is the same on every page.

There are two header types: "title header" and "header". You should use "header". I tried but could not reproduce your problem, it showed portal fields for every page, both for each page of a record and for each record I created. Are you sure there are related records to be displayed?

kjoe

...but can't get it to work so that the header is the same on every page.

It sounds to me like you are seeing the related record/s in the header for the first record on each page.

When you place a field in the header, it displays data for the first record on the page (the footer displays data for the last record on the page).

Can you tell us why you are putting related data into th header? What structure do you have?

I am generating reports related to museum loans. All of the records in each report have the same portal information linked to them. For example, I am pulling up a list of objects that are part of X loan, going to museums Y, Z, and Q. I have set up a portal in the header (and yes, I am using the Header option, not Title Header) that displays the names of museums Y, Z, and Q, along with the start and end date of the loan at each museum. This information is linked to all of the objects, not just the first one in the list. The header appears correctly on the first page, but on the subsequent pages, the portal information is missing.

I'm not sure that using a portal in a report is the best way if it needs to be printed (I think David hinted at this also). However, if your structure looks like this:

OnLoan.jpg

you will see a populated portal of Museums in the header of the Objects table for any found set of objects in list view, that match the same LoanSet, on any page.

LoanSet is a foreign key in Objects! I imagined LoanSet could be all paintings of a painter, or all paintings in a certain style, or whatever.

I hope this helps.

Maarten

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.