Salesforce and other SMB Solutions are coming soon. ×

Alternate output formats

Xanthene

Hello, I have just about completed an inventory/invoicing database. Everything works great, but sometimes we need to send the completed form to a customer or to our other office. The pdf looks great, but it does not allow the user to open it and copy the input text. Exporting to excel allows copying but it shows all records and not just the current one. Excel export also loses all formating.

my question is, is there another output option (maybe through a plugin) that retains the format of the layout and also allows to the user to copy the text. Changing the text is not important, only copying it. I'm hoping for something like the .mht output you can get from infopath.

any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

:confused:

Why would a PDF prevent you from opening and copying the text of the report? Granted, formatting leaves a lot to be desired, but the data itself...

Hours Hourly Cost Total Cost Process Description

Al Rivera

Page Assembly/Printing

4-36997-OM

134.000 0.000

134.000 0.000

134.000 0.000

4-36997-OM TOTAL

Total for Page Assembly/Printing

So...you do want to output formatted reports in a format that can be placed on the web, and the data in it is to be selectable as data (not a screen shot or equivalent).

Are these subsummary reports, or plain-old list views, or what?

Subsummary reports don't seem to publish very nicely to the web using IWP.

It would be subsummary. from what i've research i don't think there is a viable solution, especially for someone new to fmp like me. basically we have an office in china who logins in our ftp here and get's the files they need. they are using dinosaurs of computers so i'm worried the pdf's might be too much for them to handle, but forcing them to upgrade might not be a bad thing.

This thread is quite old. Please start a new thread rather than reviving this one.